RARH Double-Acting Hollow Plunger Cylinders
Less weight, lower collapsed height, faster retraction the New Lightweight RARH Double-Acting Hollow Plunger Cylinders
Enerpac hydraulic cylinders are used for lifting projects across a wide range of industries – including construction, manufacture, mining and offshore industries. Each project presents different challenges and no single cylinder can suit every job. Many projects require a high level of control and the positioning of cylinders in hard to reach areas. The new Enerpac RARH series of cylinders are designed for these challenging projects.
We are pleased to announce the addition of new higher tonnage cylinders to the Enerpac RARH collection. Just added to the range are 100 and 150 ton models, each with a stroke choice of 2″ (50 mm), 6″ (150 mm) or 10″ (250 mm). The new cylinders offer all of the benefits provided by the 30 and 60 ton models launched earlier this year.
Portability and convenience
The RARH Cylinders include tough aluminium construction which provides a lower weight solution as compared with steel cylinders. Performance and durability is not compromised by their reduced weight – with each cylinder meeting ASME B30.1 standards and incorporating a built-in safety valve to prevent over-pressurization. Getting the cylinders into position and into smaller spaces is assisted by the integral handles on each model and their lower collapsed height.
Double-acting for more control
The RARH cylinders are double-acting – which means heavy loads can be lifted and lowered with precise control. A double-acting cylinder outputs force both in and out – creating a higher control level for the retraction that is more reliable, faster and easier to control than a spring return system. The cylinder can be retracted more efficiently than equivalent single acting types which use a spring return.
Features and Benefits Summary
- Lighter and shorter collapsed height than equivalent RACH single-acting models
- Double-acting for rapid retraction, regardless of hose lengths or system losses
- Built-in safety valve prevents accidental over-pressurization
- Hollow plunger design allows for both pull and push forces
- Composite bearings increase cylinder life and side load resistance
- Hard coat finish on all surfaces resists damage and extends cylinder life
- Handles included on all models
- Floating center tube increases seal life
- Steel baseplate and saddle for protection against load-induced damage
- Integral stop ring prevents plunger over-travel and is capable of withstanding the full cylinder capacity
- Optional internally threaded saddles allow bar to be attached directly inside the plunger.
- CR400 couplers and dust caps included on all models
- All cylinders meet ASME B-30.1 standards.